Our recent review in Journal of Physics: Energy summarises the state-of-the-art in sodium-ion batteries:
Our Faraday Institution Insight article provides a general introduction:
We have listed further project publications below:
- Advances in Organic Anode Materials for Na‐/K‐Ion Rechargeable Batteries; Aamod V. Desai, Russell E. Morris, and Anthony Robert Armstrong; ChemSusChem; Published: 16 July 2020.
- Surface engineering strategy using urea to improve the rate performance of Na2Ti3O7 in Na‐ion batteries; Sara I. R. Costa, Yong-Seok Choi, Alistair J Fielding, Andrew J Naylor, John M Griffin, Zdenek Sofer, David O Scanlon, Nuria Tapia Ruiz; Chemistry Europe; Published: 27 August 2020.
- Vacancy enhanced oxygen redox reversibility in P3-type magnesium doped sodium manganese oxide Na0.67Mg0.2Mn0.8O2; Eun Jeong Kim, Le Anh Ma, David Pickup, Alan V. Chadwick, Reza Younesi, Philip Maughan, John T. S. Irvine, A. Robert Armstrong; ACS Appl. Energy Mater.; Published: 29 September 2020.
- Activation of anion redox in P3 structure Na0.6Co0.2Mn0.8O2 via introduction of transition metal vacancies; Eun Jeong Kim, Kenza Mofredj, David M.Pickup, Alan V.Chadwick, John T.S.Irvine and A. Robert Armstrong; Journal of Power Sources; Published: 01 January 2021.
- Extending the Performance Limit of Anodes: Insights from Diffusion Kinetics of Alloying Anodes; Yong‐Seok Choi, David O. Scanlon and Jae‐Chul Lee; Advanced energy Material. Published: 28 December 2020.
- Complementary sample preparation strategies (PVD/BEXP) combining with multifunctional SPM for the characterizations of battery interfacial properties; Handian Pan, Yue Chen, Wenhui Pang, Hao Sun, Jiaxin Li, Yingbin Lin, Oleg Kolosov, Zhigao Huang; MethodsX; Published: 01 November 2020.
- Surface or bulk? Real-time manganese dissolution detection in a lithium-ion cathode; Shahin Nikman , Dongni Zhao, Violeta Gonzalez-Perez, Harry H. Hoster, Stijn F. L. Mertens; Electrochimica Acta; Published: 24 April 2021.
- 2021 roadmap for sodium-ion batteries; Nuria Tapia-Ruiz, A Robert Armstrong, Hande Alptekin, Marco A Amores, Heather Au, Jerry Barker, Rebecca Boston, William R Brant, Jake M Brittain, Yue Chen, Manish Chhowalla, Yong-Seok Choi, Sara I R Costa, Maria Crespo Ribadeneyra, Serena A Cussen, Edmund J Cussen, William I F David, Aamod V Desai, Stewart A M Dickson, Emmanuel I Eweka, Juan D Forero-Saboya, Clare P Grey, John M Griffin, Peter Gross, Xiao Hua, John T S Irvine, Patrik Johansson, Martin O Jones, Martin Karlsmo, Emma Kendrick, Eunjeong Kim, Oleg V Kolosov, Zhuangnan Li, Stijn F L Mertens, Ronnie Mogensen, Laure Monconduit, Russell E Morris, Andrew J Naylor, Shahin Nikman, Christopher A O’Keefe, Darren M C Ould, R G Palgrave, Philippe Poizot, Alexandre Ponrouch, Stéven Renault, Emily M Reynolds, Ashish Rudola, Ruth Sayers, David O Scanlon, S Sen, Valerie R Seymour, Begoña Silván, Moulay Tahar Sougrati, Lorenzo Stievano, Grant S Stone, Chris I Thomas, Maria-Magdalena Titirici, Jincheng Tong, Thomas J Wood, Dominic S Wright and Reza Younesi; J Phys Energy; Published: 26 July 2021.
- P2–Na2/3Mg1/4Mn7/12Co1/6O2 cathode material based on oxygen redox activity with improved first-cycle voltage hysteresis; Nuria Tapia-Ruiz, Cindy Soares, James W.Somerville, Robert A.House, Juliette Billaud, Matthew R.Roberts, Peter G.Bruce; Journal of Power Sources; Published: 15 September 2021.
- Sodium-Ion Batteries: Current Understanding of the Sodium Storage Mechanism in Hard Carbons; Jack Fitzpatrick, and Sara Costa Rodrigues, and Nuria Tapia-Ruiz; Johnson Matthey Technology Review; Published: 29 June 2021.
- Controlling Interfacial Reduction Kinetics and Suppressing Electrochemical Oscillations in Li4Ti5O12 Thin-Film Anodes; Yue Chen, Handian Pan, Chun Lin, Jiaxin Li, Rongsheng Cai, Sarah J. Haigh, Guiying Zhao, Jianmin Zhang, Yingbin Lin, Oleg V. Kolosov, and Zhigao Huang; Advanced Functional Materials; Published: 06 August 2021.
- Ion dynamics in fluoride-containing polyatomic anion cathodes by muon spectroscopy; Beth Johnston, Peter J Baker and Serena Cussen; J Phys Materials; Published: 01 September 2021.